Sunday, October 18, 2009

DIWALI- festival of disappointments


Happy Diwali to everybody. This being my final year I was awaiting this years’ Diwali with the kind of enthusiasm that a child usually displays.in a candy store But things started going downhill from the week leading into it.



First my roommate,Samir, got afflicted with flu and to his credit spread it to 20
odd students in the hostel. Being his room mate I got affected with this new stream of virus I would like to refer to as SAM-FLU. So sniffs and cough ruled the roost and even a suspected swine-flu outbreak kept us humoured for the week. Just when I thought things could not get any worse Mr.X(identity kept hidden in case he stumbles upon this blog by gross single clicking), an attention seeking and power wielding freak of a teacher, brought out a notice which banned fire crackers . As bad as it sounded we still hoped some semblance of joy would be spared for us and we still went forward and got ourselves our favourite crackers. Come the day the sounds( isn't it ironic) weren't very promising . A visit by Mr.X and his favourite sidekicks at 4 p.m. warning us of the obvious punishments were right on cue. Still the crackers went off. Before I go forward I want to tell you of this supervisor guard who was an almighty grudge against me my room mates and friends for some kind of misunderstanding that I care not to comment on. He is a lousy son of a gun, in my opinion though. So at 8 pm this guard finds two of my friends trying to sneak off to drink of cuppa tea at our fave. Shop. He absolutely refuses to let them go through the gate. In the ensuing hullabaloo that followed the only thing that made sense in a twisted way was that the guard called Mr.X . He arrived with his trademark sniff of disgrace and started to blast off at one of my friends for going out. Aye even promising on god to rusticate him( the melodramatic little…..). Things turned from bad to worse when the faithful sidekicks of Mr.X started to fire left right and center in search of the so-called culprits.The melee was slightly defused in the end when we took upon us to downright slaughter the credentials of the guard. We still await the dis-co and the aftermaths that always eventually are hellish.
So went the Worst Diwali of my lyf.


Thank You my teachers for ruining my last year at my favourite place. I owe you a big one…

12 comments:

  1. Nothing like BJB hostel. Sad. ):

    Later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The prologue was humorous.Well,Diwali without crackers......ahh ican't imagine.I pity ur situation.I can't wish "Better luck nxt time" too.coming to the narration, u r simply gr8...ur imagination and simple use of words has always fascinated me.Keep on doing so!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at the bright side...atleast you prevented your share of diwali pollution...and regarding the aforementioned Mr X and his associates we all know that they act like they are some sort of dictator or something and obviously there is no use reasoning with dictators....

    "Thank You my teachers for ruining my last year at my favourite place. I owe you a big one…"
    --favourite place?? REALLY??

    GET WELL SOON...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ sid- ya nuthin lyk it,, rememebr d picnic??

    ReplyDelete
  5. @sudhansu- thnx:)there is no nxt tym though is there, bein the final yr u knw,,,

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ pyu- ya my fav place fr sure. pollution , haan jst gotta say some thing to please ur self, so let it be tht,,

    ReplyDelete
  7. The post is really marvelous..
    And well said sanky....After all of us people struggled hard 2 transform d college 2 an University..we really deserve this man!!!!!!!!
    Thank u Mr. X & all for givin us this gift on our final yr..

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ mak - thnx luv u man.. and tnx fr the post on the comm too, ur a darlin

    ReplyDelete
  9. well well welll
    seems like things are taking an about turn these days
    still remember our times when diwali was an "interhostel extravaganza"; if u get my drift...
    tough on you guys, final year and all this happening around you...
    well dear sanky just hope you get your fair share of final year fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ coldy- haan bhai sure as god , i hope ur words are prophetic, coz amidst these non existent jobs and cruel rules our final year is gettin sukier day by day..

    ReplyDelete
  11. sure bro .. dis one was a real cracker from ur side !!! wish dat mr x and his inhuman-accomplices cud read even a line of dis ...
    dont bother i jst wish so..nt intend to !!

    abt diwali, though i dont indulge much bt observing frnds et'al has its own fun quotient ...and i terribly missed dat !!

    like i said 'some changes we r nt ready for ' bt dese are unreasonable buddy .
    hats off 2 those $%^&***

    ReplyDelete
  12. @vibe- hats off really...... are padhantu na
    kichi bujhi paribeni pena dala

    ReplyDelete