Thursday, November 5, 2009

"HEARTLESS MAN"


It has been a long while since my last post. Been keeping busy with lots of things. So I apologise if any of you have been eagerly awaiting my posts. Although I know nobody was waiting for my blog that eagerly so my apologies are wasted. But I digress. The length of my blogs has been point of critique by many of you , so I try to keep this short.

So the other day I went to the Bank to apply for XIM, Bhubaneswar (Still laboring under the delusion that I am management material). I want to report one of the appalling that disgraced humanity. It was like a day where the elder people are paid their pensions. So the bank was crowded. It has always been one of my fascinations to view people in alien environments. It is always amazing how they react to it. So I kept looking at different people to the point of being certain times (One time I saw this kid picking his nose, and when he found out I was looking at him, he looked almost crestfallen. It was like he lost one of his favourite toys). So amidst this amalgamation of sights and sounds I saw something that created a profound impact. There was this man in his late 30’s dressed in what appeared to be decent enough apparel. He was dragging his mother who barely appeared to be able to stand up let alone walk. I can vouch for the fact they was not a ounce of interest of that woman to get her share of pensions (apparently good enough for such a display of aberration of humanity). That really left a taste as sour as vinegar in my mouth. I mean how someone could do something so cruel and vilifying to a person was above me. I mean are we brought to this world by our parents so that we can do something this pathetic. For god sake’s did the man even forget what that woman has done for him? The nine months she beared the pain of having a living soul inside of her. The painstaking efforts so that he could make himself someone of respect. Is this one of the aspect that makes us human?? The apparent absence of emotion for someone who has held you dear all their lives. I would rather be a beast with love for my mom rather than a heartless human.

P.S. Check this link. http://www.kalingakusum.net/ . This is something Rakesh Mohanty sir (Our Teacher for those of you don’t know him) started in 2008. Let’s all contribute.

4 comments:

  1. well u r wrong my frnd..i'v been waiting for ur post and was meaning to ask u whether u have stopped blogging or wht(and personally i like to read really long anecdotes)...neways coming to ur post it's true wht u have noticed and is more prevalent than one would hope...beats me too how one can treat one's parents for trivial things like a few thousand rupees...how do we become so selfish, why don't we care about other's emotions and feelings(that too of our own parents)..anyone has a answer??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am crestfallen reading this. :(

    You know it always eludes my cognition why n how ppl can transform into such materialists that we forget or choose to ignore our own parents inspite of all the things you just said.

    Sad world. Nice post. You should post more often. Plus its your blog, you gotta say what you gotta say, long short doesnt matter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ pyu- luv u. dont knw if i will ever write again..

    @ cind- thnx:) and y cant i read ur posts?? cmon giv me permission.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey,I was desparate abt ur next post..Kinda fan of yours..So dont u ever think dat anybody was waiting for your posts,dude.But,do post more often.Till then....Waitin !!!!

    ReplyDelete